lynx-dev

lynx-dev Looking for a volunteer

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: lynx-dev Looking for a volunteer
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 98 21:53:33 -0400

   Dear Lynx-Devers,

   I'm looking for someone who could do me a favor. I need to install
NetBSD on one of my VAXen (in order to test something), and NetBSD/vax's
unbelievable crappiness gets in my way. To make a long story short, I have
a dd(1) image of a small (~2 MB) NetBSD/vax filesystem, but the kernel
image inside it (it's a miniroot) is inappropriate for my hardware. I need
to mount this filesystem somewhere else and replace this file. The problem
is that I don't have anything that can mount NetBSD/vax filesystems (no
NetBSD or FreeBSD anywhere in sight and Linux just doesn't cut it). I
believe that any little-endian machine (like an i386) with NetBSD or
FreeBSD should be able to mount NetBSD/vax filesystems, and the support in
both systems for treating files like block devices and making filesystems
on them makes the task much easier. I wonder, is there anyone on lynx-dev
who runs / has root access to such a system and is willing to help me out?
TIA.

   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 440-449-0299