lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx for OS/2

From: John Poltorak
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx for OS/2
Date: Tue, 26 May 98 12:06:12 +0000

> >> Does anyone know the current state of Lynx for OS/2?
> >>
> >> The latest version I've come across (dated 98/2/7) is:-
> >>
> >> Lynx 2.7.2 compiled with emx gcc 2.7.2.1 and requires emx runtime 0.9c
> >> fix #4.
> >>
> >> based on McBrayer's Lynx 2.7.1 port
> >>
> >> compiled by venus (address@hidden)
> >>

> TED> the current development version builds with OS/2 and EMX (barring
> TED> whatever's been tweaked since I last built it week before last).
>
> TED>  lynx http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/
>
> TED> you'd need ncurses (the BSD curses in EMX doesn't work), and for
> TED> the configure script, J.J.G.Ripoll's patches to autoconf (both
> TED> under my webpage).
>
> Just for the sake of completeness (for the original poster): the
> current development version of lynx (anything after 2.8.1dev9 IIRC)
> compiles under OS/2 with EMX 0.9c or later.  You need the OS/2
> versions of autoconf and ncurses, both canonically available from
> http://www.arrakis.es/~worm/.

Is there a README.OS2 for building the OS/2 version? I have never had
any success trying to get autoconf to work. I assume I need
gnuaconf.zip from LEO....

> I have not yet put together a binary
> distribution package for the archive sites, but I am working on it.
> Unfortunately I continue to be very busy, and am also having hardware
> troubles.  When I get it packaged up, it will be on Hobbes and
> elsewhere.

That would be great. An announcement in the comp.os.os2.announce
newsgroup and the os2-isp mailing list would be useful too.

BTW it would be nice if LYNX.CFG could be automatically located in
%ETC% rather than \mptn\etc.

> | Jason F. McBrayer              address@hidden |
> | The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
> | forever.                    R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |

Cheers,

--
John