lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8 vs 2.7 - inverted links/popups

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8 vs 2.7 - inverted links/popups
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 11:52:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Laura Eaves wrote:

>Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 16:42:43 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Laura Eaves <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8 vs 2.7 - inverted links/popups
>
>> From: "T.E.Dickey" <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 06:18:43 -0400 (EDT)
>> > Though I notice some things look better, things look "different"... and I
>> > finally realized what the big differences are...
>> > (1) Links aren't inverted (they're still numbered as I have that turned
>> > off)
>> what terminal type, and libraries?  (if it's using color, 2.8 checks the
>> 'ncv' capability of terminfo to see if it should combine bold with color).
>
>Excuse a possibly dumb question, but what do u mean by inverted?
>Do you mean you want links printed in inverse video?

Yes, I mean inverse video.. and as I said, with previous versions of
Lynx, they *were* printed in inverse video.

Sorry, I just realized -- they are possibly being printed in *BOLD* video,
but on the machines I'm using, that's showing up as inverse video.. Maybe
that throws a wrench into my whole argument -- but 2.8 does show up
differently.

>Also, it's not clear what you have turned off.
>Setting keypad mode to "Links and form fields are numbered"
>does 2 things -- it numbers form input fields and it
>adds the numbering for popup options.  Are you saying you  would like
>it to number form input fields and buttons but not options in
>a popup menu?

Actually, input fields would be good..  Mostly I wanted links but *not*
popup menus, and that is where I realized there was the existing option.