lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx bug

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx bug
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 08:41:39 +0100 (BST)

> The error occurs everytime when this page should be displayed. I think the
> page is bad formatted, but the error should not occur :-)
> Netscape 3 has no problems with this page.

Which error? The maximum nesting depth error is perfectly reasonable,
although there might be other ways of imlementing the parser which ran
out of memory first.  I think you will find that early GUI browsers didn't
properly nest constructs and therefore produced confused displays - I've seen
this even for quite reasonable nesting of lists.  The later ones possibly
use dynamic memory, possibly part of the parse tree.

As others have said, the treating of this case as fatal no longer applies.