lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev pdcurses versus slang under 386DOS

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev pdcurses versus slang under 386DOS
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 06:45:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Klaus Peter Wegge wrote:

> Perhaps I missed some of the diskussion here.
> Please can someone of you explaine exactly the differences of using
> pdcures (2.3 beta 18.April98) versus slang in the context of lynx386
> DOS-Version? The advantages and disadvantages of both?
> Which one should be used best currently?

As far as I know, there hasn't been any discussion. No one has used
slang up to this time, or if they have, the results haven't been
reported to the list. I am now trying to compile with both and compare
the results. Both seem to work fine on a standard US setup, with slang
giving somewhat better screen handling. How they will work on non-US
setups is something that people will have to try and then report to the
list. PDCurses still has some problems. The testcurses program does not
test properly on all functions, but this doesn't seem to affect
functioning for lynx.
                              Doug
__
Doug Kaufman