lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx buffer mismanagement

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx buffer mismanagement
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 05:34:10 -0400 (EDT)

> > Theo de Raadt is
>
> Does it matter who he is?
no. For that matter, he doesn't know who any of us are (nor care).

> As a devoted user of Lynx, I would like Theo de Raadt to know that
> not everyone on this list wants to close the doors on constructive
> criticism.  It seems sad that lynx-dev probably lost a prime opportunity
> for getting real insights into possible weaknesses.  Why be rude to
> the man?  By asking politely, we might have gotten a few minutes of his
> precious time to pinpoint a bug or two.  If nothing else help to educate
> a few people on the list who barely know c, but might at least give it
> a whirl if they knew where to start.
I don't think that's his intent - sorry.  He got up steam on another mailing
list (bugtraq), and came over to lynx-dev to show what he thinks of us.
If he were at all inclined to contribute something tangible, he'd have done
so at the outset.  (And yes, I've got the tempname stuff still in mind -
but would like the code to work properly as well as addressing his special
interests).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden