lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx386 with Slang

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx386 with Slang
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 09:43:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 10 May 1998, Bill Schiavo wrote:

> > thanks (I added DK's to my pending patch, will do this today).
> Did he update his patch?  The previous patch he submitted has a problem.
> You will loose your connection to the network if you try to use
> applications that require the use of another tcp stack from within Lynx.
> This is the result of a missing call to sock_init.  I sent my original
> patch to Doug and he has included this missing call in his latest version.

Quite correct about the missing sock_init. I am going to try to compile
with Bill's patch today and see if I get any problems. I do have two
questions about it, however. The PDCurses based functions that I took
out were put back in (PDC_set_ctrl_break and PDC_get_ctrl_break).
The LY_set_ctrl_break and LY_get_ctrl_break functions should work
equally well for PDCurses since they are identical to the PDCurses
functions for DOS. Is there a reason to have both in the code? Is this
for compatibility with other systems that use PDCurses and have to set
ctrl-break? The other question is about the makefile.wsl. You still
have in RAWDOSKEYHACK. This was put in by Wayne and maps keys via the
definitions in the PDCurses curses.h file to those used by lynx. Since
you don't use these PDCurses mappings with the slang port, shouldn't we
leave RAWDOSKEYHACK off the MCFLAGS in the makefile?

On a slightly different note, John E. Davis submitted a patch for
keymaps with slang. This has a line that will break for DOS, setting
keymap_file to "/.lynx-keymaps". If that patch goes into the code, can
we put in an ifdef for FNAMES_8_3 making the file "_lynxkey.map" or
something similar?
                            Doug
__
Doug Kaufman