lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev partial display revisited + more toggle patch

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev partial display revisited + more toggle patch
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 05:09:25 -0400 (EDT)

> 980507 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > 980507 Bela Lubkin sent in a double-edged patch,
> >> whose second edge cleans up command-line toggles using  +  and  - .
> > thanks (will add to the configure script as well).
>
> before you rush off in different directions,
> there was a very intelligent discussion today under "patches for cleanup",
> in which AG made the point -- which i agree with --
> that non-Anglophone users are far more likely to recognise `on/off'
> than the words to the left of the  =  in command-line switches.
> can we please have a proper vote on this?  my vote is for `on/off'.
Bela's followup patch does "on" and "off" (I think in addition to "+" and "-").

I'm about 1/4 through the patches that I have in my backlog, will work on those
(except for my regular schedule for ncurses) for a couple of days & put up
a new version for public consumption.  Probably Sunday unless something goes
amiss.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden