lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev problem at DejaNews

From: *selah*
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem at DejaNews
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 19:17:53 -0400 (edt)

[I had posted this yesterday but didn't see an answer. I thought I might
have missed it with the resubscribing, so I thought to repost it.]

On Sun, 3 May 1998, Al Gilman wrote:

> to follow up on what *selah* said:
> >
> > Our isp is using the SunOs 4.1.3_U1
> >

> That's one of the versions affected by the bug I was talking about.
> Review the reference I gave you.

> As Gil did, you can test to see if this is the bug by testing to
> see if ping or telnet will also crash on some many-IP domain
> name.
>
> If that is the problem, you can either get people to apply the
> patch to Unix or yourself get the bind library and build Lynx
> with it the way Henry recommends.
>
> Al

I checked out the bind library but there seems to be 3 different tar files
there and I didn't see any information on which programs to use or how to
link them to lynx.