lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev May 4th subscription instructions

From: Bob Izenberg
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 03:33:47 -0500

At 05:04 PM 5/2/98 -0700, Heather Stern wrote:

#> Will there be a separate announce list?
#       Barely considered, that means probably not.

I'm just catching up on a week's worth of e-mail.  Did
one or more of the Elves shoot this down?  What they
say is good enough for me, but I've got an open mind
(meaning "no opinion, either way.")

#What you didn't ask, but neither did anyone else, was:
#       will there be a digest version of the list?

This would make sense.  When the Gift of More Time arrives
this week, a slice could be used to set up a digest.

#Cron jobs are your friend.

Cron logs are your disk drive vendor's friend.  :)

#What are the side effects of using a forwarding-alias name here, on our
#future messages reaching the list properly?

Present time:  Messages sent from unsubscribed addresses are manually
approved, if they are on topic for the list.
The near future:  A list without traffic will be created here.  Subscription
to that list gets your address in a file that will be consulted before
automatically
posting the message.  (Actually it exists now, but I'm waiting until a few weeks
after the May 4th housecleaning before rolling it out, unless Al G. is adamant
about it being needed sooner.)  It will be a good list for people reading
through
the archives or list exploders to get their names on.  It will require
confirmation
for all comers, as a bit of "Bullseye Gold" (and other pork products)
repellent.  :)

# What is the path of my hypothetical reply back into the
#       main list after May 4?

Your postings will look like "address@hidden" sent them, as they do now.

Bob

--