lynx-dev

lynx-dev test suite?

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: lynx-dev test suite?
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 17:20:39 -0400

I continue to wonder if it would be worthwhile to try to build some sort
of test suite for lynx.  Here's what I was thinking of - a set of html
pages, as well as urls.  For folk wanting to use lynx just on a stand
alone system, they could run a make localtest and the makefile could
do some sort of

for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
lynx file$i > file$i.out
diff file$i.expected file$i.out > diff.file$i
if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then
        echo lynx failed test $i >&2
fi
done

A similar type of thing could be done to process the URLs.  The URLs would
provide the ability to check that lynx is only displaying what is intended
(by referring to some sort of cgi kept at lynx.browser.org that reports
back all the cgi environment variables), etc.

Is this something that someone on the list would be interested in setting up?