lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev TEXTAREA (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums")

From: Jacob Poon
Subject: Re: lynx-dev TEXTAREA (was Re: LYNX-DEV Using Lynx woth web "forums")
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 14:59:10 -0400

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Howard Kaikow wrote:

> Any escape character cannot be a valid graphic.
>
> \ is often used when reporting problems or identifying paths for PC based
> software.

Of course it is not a valid graphic.  But my point is, using a control key
to exit TEXTAREA will be much less obstructive since most people won't put
raw control characters in text area, so there is a little reason to see
them in text area.  Because raw control keys aren't supposed to be used
literally, it will be a better candidate.  Backslash, however, may get
used literally for describing DOS paths, and more prone to be mistyped
than a control key sequence (1 vs 2-key combinations).  Best for all, you
don't have to know C(++) to escape text area. [no jokes]