lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev SCROLL_STEP

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SCROLL_STEP
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:37:15 -0700 (PDT)

> From address@hidden Sat Apr 25 17:42:09 1998
> Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 20:22:09 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Laura Eaves <address@hidden>
>
> > Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 16:48:55 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: David Combs <address@hidden>
> > Confused, I am.  What does he mean that most of the digits (except 0)
> > are also immediate commands?
> >
> > I mean, how does the parser know when it has seen the FINAL digit,
> > unless there is either a NON-digit, or a newline?
> >
> > Also, what is that zero he has: 045?  Why not just "45"?
>
> When Keypad_mode is set to "Numbers As Arrows" the number
> keys act like arrow keys -- 4==left, 6==right, etc.
> The number 0 isn't bound to any cursor movement, so it
> can be used to initiate a user-entered number
> so as to be able to jump to links or pages directly.
> Example, 045p.
> When keypad_mode is numbered links or numbered form fields and links,
> then lynx recognizes all numbers as the start of a user-specified
> link/page number.  It also mangles the layout of the page by inserting
> [xxx] numbers immediately before links and form fields.
> --le

OK ...

  Well, we must then SPLIT the terminology "number keys":

   I myself NEVER reach over to the right to that "number KEYPAD",
always keeping my fingers on those touch-typing "home keys",
and for numbers, just extending my fingers UP to those numbers
across the top row of "normal" keys.

For THOSE "number keys", no prefix-zero is needed, it seems.

At any rate, the DOCUMENTATION must DISTINGUISH these TWO
sets of number keys.