lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev SCROLL_STEP

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev SCROLL_STEP
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 14:21:08 -0700 (PDT)

> From address@hidden Wed Apr 22 22:48:08 1998
> From: address@hidden
>
> In a recent note, Philip Webb said:
>
> > Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 20:59:03 -0400 (EDT)
> >
> > 980422 Jason McBrayer wrote:
> > > Use ( or ^P to scroll up 2 lines, ) or ^N to scroll down 2.
> > > What might be nice would be a SCROLL_STEP
> > > to define how many lines those scroll.
> >
> Aren't the digits already committed"  That's what "k" tells me.
> Or is that just the keypad digits?
>
> -- gil

Yeah, the digits are already committed -- but just the simplest
possible "parsing" will disambiguate the desired meaning:
   45<newline>     go to [45]
   45<someCommand><newline>    do <someCommand> 45 times.

You just wait until the newline, and see what you have
got, and execute accordingly.

Of course, some cmds are "immediate", ie do not require a
<newline> to "finish" them, eg h, k, l, j.