lynx-dev

lynx-dev Lynx 2.8rel.2 w/ SSL core dumps

From: Graham Todd
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8rel.2 w/ SSL core dumps
Date: 22 Apr 1998 14:00:38 -0400

I've been trying to test out the copy of lynx I built with SSLeay
using the lynx-28-ssl.patch support.

When I try here (a test site for "Fortified" export grade Netscape
browsers) I get a core dump:

lynx -tlog -trace https://www.fortify.net/

These are the last three lines of the trace log:

HTParse: result:https://www.fortify.net/
LYMain.c: User in REMOTE domain
Window size changed from (24,80) to (24,80)

Running gdb on the core shows nothing really it just gives
(gdb) where
#0  0x0 in ?? ()

I'm using:

SSLeay 0.9.0 10-Apr-1998
Linux kernel 2.0.33
libncurses.so.3.0
libc.so.5.4.38

I built and installed SSLeay without any problems (all the tests
worked) but I'm not sure what - if anything - I have to do to
configure SSLeay to work with lynx.  Does lynx automagically make use
of the ssleay-apps to create/exchange certificates etc?

A lot of secure https sites seem to lock out lynx (including my bank
it appears) and I haven't been able to connect anywhere securely
yet. Can anyone point me to a site that has worked for them so I can
test this when/if I get it to work?

--
Graham Todd
York University, Toronto