lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev build problems with 2.8

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev build problems with 2.8
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 08:44:33 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Ric Anderson <address@hidden>
>
> >2. The file protections on ./configure and the scripts it calls (e.g.,
> >   mkdirs.sh) do not include the execute bit in the tar file, so
> >   you have to manually chmod these things (I'm still not sure I've
> >   found all of them) to "+x" in order to successfully run configure
> >   in the manner described in the INSTALLATION file.
>
> Anyone know how that version on ukans.edu was created?  Ric's right - while
> the version I fetched from the regular development site has the right
> permissions, the one fetched from ukans is missing permissions.  Let
> me check prep's version... the version from GNU directories has the right
> permissions!  There's quite a bit of difference between the two tar files -
> at least in the order of files in the tar, etc.
Well, yes: unless you construct the tar file from an explicit list, it
will use directory-order, which isn't necessarily the order you would
expect.  Since previous versions of Lynx were released w/o a tar file,
I didn't make one - but I just put that on the release page now, so we have
something to compare.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden