lynx-dev

[no subject]

From: Al Gilman
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 18:37:12 -0400 (EDT)

>In this case, I would try access.digex.net as the -h.  I am not 100% sure
>what the "right" value is, but I thought it pertained to where the mail
>originates and your return address sounds like a good place to try.  The
>-r is just a valid SMTP host that will accept mail from you.

I have been using "-h access.digex.net".

The two values for -r I have used are "mail.access.digex.net" and
[204.91.241.5]", which is one of the two IP numbers in the above
domain.  Eudora works when told to send outbound mail via
"mail.access.digex.net".  Sendmail complains in an evanescent message
that you have to give a valid SMTP host, when I use these flags.

I have not tried putting either "mail.access.digex.net" or
"pop.access.digex.net" in as the value of the -h flag.
The latter is the POP3 server domain name for my service.

None of this works yet for "send a c)omment to author" or mailto: URL.

Al