lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev May 4th subscription instructions

From: Philip Webb
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 02:56:45 -0400 (EDT)

980417 Jan Hlavacek wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 1998 at 11:36:45PM -0400, John wrote:
>> This has been discussed before.  My thought is browsers.lynx newsgroup
>> would probably be most helpful for the USERS who have questions
>> 'how do I do this or that or make multiple bookmarks or print out',
>> but the DEVELOPERS' questions comments discussions etc are probably
>> best done via mail list.  developers could then 'lurk' the newsgroup
>> to see what problems users are having. I'm finished rambling.
> Maybe to start we can split lynx-dev into 3 lists,  lynx-users,
> lynx-announce and lynx-dev.

this HAS been discussed before ... .  i don't find lynx-dev too heavy:
you can easily skip over items which are too esoteric
& one of my reasons for subscribing is to learn more about computing.
it is very important for developers to have real-life contact with users,
whose questions -- not always elementary or simple-minded --
provoke some of the genuine improvements to Lynx;
i try to do my bit by functioning as first-aid desk for such inquiries.
a single list means everyone knows where to post & which Archive to search
& the amount of traffic shows how useful the present set-up really is.