lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Reading command o/p to textarea (was: Lynx wish)

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Reading command o/p to textarea (was: Lynx wish)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:11:28 -0400

>> > I do essentially the same thing all the time by cutting and
>> > pasting with the mouse on X windows - it's just more of a
>>
>> You can also do this on the text mode console with Linux.
>
>Look into "screen", a nifty multiplexer that gives you up to ten
>cursor windows.  It has cut-n-paste.

While screen helps with cut and paste, lynx has a problem when trying
to paste more text into a textarea than defined in the form.  On
GUI browsers, pasting more text into a text area than is defined in
the form results in expected behavior - all the text goes into
the textarea.

In lynx, after the number of rows specified in the form have been pasted,
the next lines move on down thru the form, causing a variety of
almost amusing results as lynx trys to interprete the results as
the user keyboarding various commands....

As I recall, no one has volunteered to take on the task of
extending textarea handling...