lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV How do you download from lynx on the road?

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV How do you download from lynx on the road?
Date: 07 Apr 1998 11:14:16 -0600

J> On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Nelson Henry Eric wrote: ... in part ...

>> Is it not possible to ppp directly, and get rid of the
>> telnet step?

J> You're assuming he has a PeePeePee access?

No, he said he did.

If he had a shell account, everything would be copacetic, since he
would be using ZTerm (this is on a Mac), and could easily use zmodem
to download files.  The problem is that he has PPP only (no shell
account), telnets to a public Lynx site using a telnet program with no
Zmodem or Kermit capabilities, and MacLynx runs too slow on his Mac SE
(If I've understood all that has been said).

Getting a shell account is probably the best solution in this case; a
Mac SE isn't good for much else besides being a terminal (and a
typewriter --- it's a TV typewriter!).

| Jason F. McBrayer              address@hidden |
| The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
| forever.                   (R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |