lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV CHANGES 2.8.1dev.5

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV CHANGES 2.8.1dev.5
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 10:50:32 -0500 (EST)

> yes: lynx_cfg.h will have "#define HAVE_DIRENT_H 1".  But my question was
> more along the lines of exactly what Borland C does with "#if XYZ".
> Does it give an error, or simply not work?

If XYZ is defined with a value then #if XYZ works fine.  I didn't realize
that configure gave it a value, so *I* was just defining the name and it
was breaking.  I had incorrectly assumed that Borland was stupid and doing
the wrong thing and that others might as well.

So, I made tcp.h more portable for idiots like myself, not for
compilers/systems.

Oh well.