lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV question about color styles

From: Robert Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV question about color styles
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:14:56 +0000 (GMT)

Laura Eaves wrote:
> I'm forwarding this to the list.
> Perhaps someone more knowedgable about the color style sheets
> stuff can answer.

I might be able to.

> > > * Color: The 2.8 release of lynx supports style sheets which lets a user
> > >   specify colors for verious constructs.
> > >   The older color specs using COLOR settings for different attributes
> > >   are also still supported.  The latter requires that lynx
> > >   be compiled with the slang library.
> > >   Also, color can be turned on or off via the options menu.
> > >   Type O followed by & to turn color on or off.
> >
> > I'm interested by details on this one.
> >
> > Is it using CSS syntax ?

no - it was just a quick hackette that I did to see if it was possible.
implementing CSS syntax support is on my personal wishlist, but I've
not yet got around to looking at any CSS parser code.

> > Is there any plan for supporting CSS layout, not just color (like
> > specifying margins in number of characters, etc).

it's on my list of things to consider, but (once again) I'm stuck working
long hours at things other than lynx.

--
               Rob Partington / address@hidden
"We have come to the edge of a world of which we have no experience,