lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version

From: Dave Eaton
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV My planned version
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 17:02:37 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Michael Sokolov wrote:

>    I haven't noticed anything useful being added to Mr. Dickey's codeset
> since Fote's disappearance. (Of course I may have missed something, but..

Sheesh, I hate to add any length to this thread, but "yes", there have
been very nice and welcome fixes to the HP-UX and Apollo generated
versions with 2.8.* for starters.

... but do you suppose we might get off the "whose is bigger and better"
kick? If you really want to do a different version, go to it.  If it is
better, I might use it. If it is just bigger, I probably won't.  Others
will decide on their own based on the merits of the resulting code.

Just an opinion from someone with low contributions,
 Dave Eaton
--
 Artronic Development  - Your Web Site Solution
 12629 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 224; Phoenix, AZ 85032