lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV One way to get rid of memory leaks in Lynx

From: afn06760
Subject: LYNX-DEV One way to get rid of memory leaks in Lynx
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 05:29:37 GMT

One thing that came up during development of the Windows threads version
of NSL_FORK was that HTDOS.c has two 1KB static arrays that are generally
not in use when I would have used malloc to get a malloced array.

It seems to me that, rather than use malloc and FREE so freely, lynx
developers might consider adding HTDOS.c to the Unix sources, with
the idea that the two static buffers in HTDOS.c could be exploited
by parts of the lynx code that need to use 1KB of memory, then discard
same.  The details of the HTDOS.c code, with the Dos and Unix pathifying,
need not be an obstacle, since it is trivial to disable the pathifying,
so that the buffer gets returned untouched.