lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Forms failure

From: Ian
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx Forms failure
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 03:08:28 +0000 (GMT)

> Could you be a bit more specific about the forms that are having a problem?
> What specific URL, with what type of info filled in (no personal info
> of course should be mentioned...)
> --
Hi Larry
Well the actual form is <gulp>

http://www.geocities.com/cgi-bin/homestead/new_app?hood=RainForest
 /Canopy&addr=2951

Its the first form one has to fill in when one applies for a
free website with geocities. The Rainforest/Canopy/2951 is the
address of the site I was applying for (of course this has probably
been taken now). This is a simple form with just a few radio buttons
and a submit button. Its also got a lot of text which Lynx displays
rather badly for some reason. Lynx submits the form, there is a delay
and then theres a message saying the submission hasnt been successful.
I cant recall the exact words. Since I cant submit the first form
I never get to see any others but Id infer that they'd fail as well.
--
Bye for now,
            Ian.