lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Installation problems

From: Rob MacLeod
Subject: LYNX-DEV Installation problems
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:51:46 -0700

Folks,

I am new to the list--sorry if this is a brain dead question, but I am
having installation problems.

System: SGI Irix 6.4
Compiler: cc 7.2
Lynx version: 2.7
Problem:  when compiling LYMain.c, I get the error

"LYMain.c", line 493: error(1029): expected an expression
      StrAllocCopy(helpfile, HELPFILE);
      ^

"LYMain.c", line 493: error(1032): expression must have arithmetic type
      StrAllocCopy(helpfile, HELPFILE);
      ^

I know the new compiler is picky, but I cannot seem to get around this
error.  Lots of other similar calls to StrAllocCopy work fine, but there
are a few in LYMain.c that hang things up.

There is another funky bit of C coding later in the file:

"LYMain.c", line 586: warning(1171): expression has no effect
          len;
          ^

Elegant, eh?  But this just elicits a (justified) warning...

Hate to bitch about free code, but I suspect I will find lots of little bugs
like this, if I ever get beyond the errors.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Rob
Rob MacLeod, Ph.D.
Nora Eccles Harrison Cardiovascular Research and Training Institute (CVRTI)
Building 500, University of Utah
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112                      ____  __o
Internet:  address@hidden              ____   -\<,
Phonemail: (801)581-8183                         ....0/ 0
Fax:       (801)581-3128