lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Tiny patch to fix HP-UX 10.20 + curses + 2.8.pre2

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Tiny patch to fix HP-UX 10.20 + curses + 2.8.pre2
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 14:13:00 -0500 (EST)

> Dates don't mean much.  Notice that libHcurses.sl is a symlink to
> libcurses.1, and libcurses.sl is a symlink to libxcurses.1.
well, yes - symbolic links get the date of creation.  (and I can see that
the install of the actual files has all the same dates).

> Under Linux this would be analogous to symlinking libcurses.so.1 to
> libHcurses.so, and linking libxcurses.so.1 to libcurses.so.  There is
> no .a library in sight for libxcurses.
>
> libcur_colr is larger than any of the others.  Maybe bigger is better.
>
> I edited aclocal.m4 and generated a new configure script.  I have Autoconf
> version 2.12 installed, it complains with this.
You need my patches to autoconf 2.12 (on my autoconf page), or
equivalently, the .gz files in

        ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/dickey/autoconf

(The AC_DIVERT_HELP stuff, in fact, is needed to allow that lengthy help
message on one of the boxes in our lab).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden