lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX low level key mapping - Problems

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX low level key mapping - Problems
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 07:24:29 -0500 (EST)

> > ANything that can make lynx interpret ^[[154q as PGUP (and the rest of
> > the funky codes) would be most welcome, by me at least!
>
> My workaround (only partially successful because not all keys can be
> remapped) was based on my DOS telnet application being able to accept
> definitions for keys.  In the "old-days" I had to send the code sequence
> "ESC O P 1 CR", and I mapped this and 7 others to pf13-20.  At least
> check to see if your terminal emulator will accept a new definition for
> PGUP, i.e., accept ^[[154q, but send a replacement code 0x105 to the host.
btw - I'm a little puzzled: a SVr4 curses implementation with a correctly
constructed terminfo should at least recognize the control sequences (and
not echo the sequence, as described earlier).  Whether the application
accepts that key or not is a different matter.

(BSD curses implementations may/may not have next-page/prev-page in their
repertoire).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden