lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.115 on HP-UX 11.0 - yes but ...

From: Dave Eaton
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.7.1ac-0.115 on HP-UX 11.0 - yes but ...
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 08:25:35 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> the config.log for this would help (I can see that it's assuming that
> colors are defined, but don't know why it did).

I have attached the config.log file from the "vanilla" HP-UX 11.0 build
which failed (ref. previous message.) the only difference between this one
and the successful one using "ncurses" is:

$ diff  config.log-ncurses config.log
7c7
< configure:703: cc -o conftest  -I/opt/ncurses/include  conftest.c
-L/opt/ncurses/lib -lncurses 1>&5
---
> configure:703: cc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
$

Thanks for looking at it.

 Dave Eaton
--
 Artronic Development  - Your Web Site Solution
 12629 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 224; Phoenix, AZ 85032

configure:587: checking host system type
configure:612: checking for gcc
configure:689: checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works
configure:703: cc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (conftest.o) was
detected. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.
configure:723: checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a cross-compiler
configure:728: checking whether we are using GNU C
configure:780: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:843: checking for ranlib
configure:870: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}
configure:898: checking for style of include in makefiles
configure:959: checking for a BSD compatible install
configure:1013: checking for lint
configure:1047: checking if you want to see long compiling messages
configure:1087: checking if you want to check memory-leaks
configure:1111: checking if you want to enable debug-code
configure:1220: checking if you want full utility pathnames
configure:1241: checking for system mailer
configure:1268: checking system mail flags
configure:1296: checking for chmod
configure:1361: checking for compress
configure:1426: checking for cp
configure:1491: checking for gzip
configure:1556: checking for mkdir
configure:1621: checking for mv
configure:1686: checking for rm
configure:1751: checking for tar
configure:1816: checking for touch
configure:1881: checking for gunzip
configure:1946: checking for unzip
configure:2011: checking for uudecode
configure:2076: checking for zcat
configure:2141: checking for zip
configure:2225: checking for cc option to accept ANSI C
configure:2287: checking for working const
configure:2619: checking for network libraries
configure:3226: checking for screen type
configure:3739: checking for ncurses header file
configure:3848: checking for ncurses version
configure:3930: checking for Gpm_Open in -lgpm
configure:4062: checking for initscr
configure:4834: checking for location of config-file
configure:4844: checking for ANSI C header files
configure:4948: checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included
configure:4987: checking for dirent.h that defines DIR
configure:5025: checking for opendir in -ldir
configure:5123: checking for fcntl.h
configure:5123: checking for limits.h
configure:5123: checking for string.h
configure:5123: checking for sys/fcntl.h
configure:5123: checking for sys/filio.h
configure:5123: checking for sys/ioctl.h
configure:5123: checking for sys/param.h
configure:5123: checking for sys/time.h
configure:5123: checking for termio.h
configure:5123: checking for termios.h
configure:5123: checking for unistd.h
configure:5161: checking termio.h and termios.h
configure:5203: checking for sys/wait.h
configure:5341: checking for union wait
configure:5479: checking for mode_t
configure:5514: checking for pid_t
configure:5548: checking for vfork.h
configure:5583: checking for working vfork
configure:5757: checking if we should use fcntl or ioctl
configure:5824: checking for broken/missing definition of remove
configure:5886: checking for cuserid
configure:5886: checking for getcwd
configure:5886: checking for getgroups
configure:5886: checking for putenv
configure:5886: checking for readdir
configure:5886: checking for strerror
configure:5886: checking for waitpid
configure:5944: checking for mktime
configure:5944: checking for strstr
configure:6003: checking for strstr declaration
configure:6072: checking for getgrgid declaration
configure:6072: checking for getgrnam declaration
configure:6145: checking if TRUE/FALSE are defined
configure:6187: checking declaration of errno
configure:6275: checking for setlocale()
configure:6309: checking if NGROUPS is defined
configure:6385: checking declaration of sys_nerr
configure:6385: checking declaration of sys_errlist
configure:6474: checking if struct utmp is declared
configure:6535: checking if curses supports alternate-character set
configure:6570: checking if curses supports fancy attributes
configure:6609: checking for ncurses version
configure:6686: checking for obsolete/broken version of ncurses
configure:6731: checking if curses supports color attributes
configure:6779: checking declaration of size-change
configure:6864: checking if ttytype is declared in curses library
configure:6904: checking for cbreak
configure:6904: checking for keypad
configure:6904: checking for use_default_colors
configure:6904: checking for wborder
configure:6962: checking if color-style code should be used
configure:7023: checking if you want to use extended HTML DTD logic
configure:7047: checking if you want to use external commands
configure:7071: checking if you want to use setfont support
configure:7095: checking if you want internal-links feature
configure:7119: checking if you want to fork NSL requests
configure:7143: checking if you want to underline links
configure:7167: checking if you want to use zlib for decompression of some gzip
files
configure:7315: checking if directory-editor code should be used
configure:7341: checking if you wish to allow extracting from archives via DirEd
configure:7360: checking if you wish to allow users to redefine DirEd keys
configure:7386: checking if you wish to allow permissions commands via DirEd
configure:7412: checking if you wish to allow executable-permission commands
via DirEd
configure:7431: checking if you wish to allow tar commands from DirEd
configure:7457: checking if you wish to allow uudecode commands from DirEd
configure:7483: checking if you wish to allow zip and unzip commands from DirEd
configure:7509: checking if you wish to allow gzip and gunzip commands from
DirEd
configure:7536: checking if you want long-directory listings
configure:7562: checking if parent-directory references are permitted