lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX low level key mapping - Problems

From: John E. Davis
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV LYNX low level key mapping - Problems
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:47:47 -0500

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998 13:41:25 -0500, address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487)
said:
>Unfortunately, it appears that the current mechanism in lynx is to make
>single byte codes to special functions.  I see no way to specify terminfo
>variable names in the KEY_MAP variables of the lynx.cfg file.

For slang, I would have it set up to read a key definition file, e.g.,

   #KEYMAP-NAME KEY-SEQUENCE  FUNCTION-NAME
     global       "^(ku)"     "move_to_previous_link"
     global       "\e[A"      "move_to_previous_link"

where ^(ku) indicates that the termcap `ku' string should be used.
The last line specifies the standard ansi value for the up arrow
escape sequence.  All other slang applications that I have written
permit key redefinitions in this manner (MOST, JED, SLRN).

--John