lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV spacing problem (was msg00353.html)

From: Dave Eaton
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV spacing problem (was msg00353.html)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:31:46 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> Dave Eaton wrote:
> > compressing out the multiple resulting newline characters from a <BR><BR>
> > sequence makes sense to me.
> That's the way I understand it - there may be some way to construct the
> form that's more pleasing to the eye, of course.

For those who insist on more control of _how_ their reader sees the _what_
they see, there's the "no-break space":
    <!ENTITY nbsp   CDATA "&#160;" -- no-break space -->
which could be used as:
    <BR>&nbsp;<BR>
though I usually try to avoid such constructs myself.

Regards,
 Dave Eaton
--
 Artronic Development  - Your Web Site Solution
 12629 N. Tatum Blvd., Suite 224; Phoenix, AZ 85032