lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Year 2000 Compliance

From: Ben Ng
Subject: LYNX-DEV Year 2000 Compliance
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 18:00:34 +0800 (HKT)

Dear Sir,

At the turn of the millennium, i.e., when Year 1999 becomes Year 2000,
system/ equipment users in the world will face the universal Year 2000
(Y2K) problem in various aspects.  For products (system/ hardware/
software/ database) to survive the Y2K problem, my university has to
make sure that they are all Y2K compliant.

For the software

       "lynx v2.4  and  v2.7.1"

I understand that you may have no obligation to provide user support for
this public domain software, because it is being used by large number
of users in my organization and we concern the great impact very much,
we appreciate very much if you could let us know whether this software
is Y2K compliant. If not, would you please give us the compliant status
or ways to convert/upgrade to become Y2K compliant.

As Year 2000 is approaching, we have been left with a very tight
schedule for completing a long list of tasks in order to ensure the
timely resolution of the problem.  To achieve the targets, we heavily
count on your timely reply.  Therefore, we would be most grateful if
you could give us a reply ASAP.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
ben

Ben Ng,   Systems Analyst        | Tel No. : (852) 2768-6512
Information Technology Unit      | Fax No. : (852) 2762-7469
The Open University of Hong Kong | E-Mail  : address@hidden