lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Uh oh...: Filip's date-hacking

From: James Elkinton
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Uh oh...: Filip's date-hacking
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 19:01:36 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, David Combs wrote:
> RE Filip's planned date-hacks for bookmarks.
>
> Please, whatever you stick into the bookmarks.html files,
> make it so that we INDIVIDUALS can if we want be able
> to write our OWN scripts, etc, to "parse" it, at least
> to be able to FIND the date/time you seem to want to
> insert.
>
> Maybe besides an actual date string, eg dec-25, also
> something easy to sort, eg number of seconds since some
> fixed date, so WE don't each have to do date-parsing
> in whatever scripting-lang or programming-lang we use
> (and, there are so many of them).

And PLEASE, make it toggleable to the way it does it now.  I -HATE- the
timestamping Nutscrape adds to my bookmarks.  Useless bloat.  I've almost
perfected a script that gets rid of them in three steps, but it is not
perfect, so I have to watch it very carefully.  (If anyone knows how to
turn off datestamping of bookmarks in Netscape, I'd be delighted to know,
since there is absolutely no use for it for me.