lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV recent localfile-related patch

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV recent localfile-related patch
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:04:26 +0900 (JST)

> There is my recent patch for prepending meta charset to the source,

Thanks, Leonid, it is very nice to be able to go through these
changes in a form extracted from the code base.

> + # If PREPEND_CHARSET_TO_SOURCE is set to TRUE, Lynx will prepend a
> + # META CHARSET to text/html source files when
> + # they are retrieved for 'd'ownloading or passed to 'p'rint functions.
[...]

I assume this is your documentation.  It's wonderful; you really should
be signing it "-LP" or whatever name you like.  Most of us don't have the
time to go into the code and read the comments.  At least this way it
passes by us once on the list.  I REALLY appreciate it.

> +                    *  Currently, if several META CHARSET found
> +                    *  Lynx use the first only, and it is opposite to BASE
[...]
> +                    *  we have no CJK or an inofficial "x-" charset.

It's not important, but if you like:
                    *  Currently, if several META CHARSET*s are* found
                    *  Lynx use*s* the first only, and it is opposite to BASE
[...]
                    *  we have no CJK or an *u*nofficial "x-" charset.

__Henry