lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Possible Bug

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Possible Bug
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 13:24:44 +0300 (MSK)

> Three possibilities come to mind.  1) Lynx cannot find the lynx.cfg file.
> 2) Lynx cannot find or connect to the startup page.  3) Your users are

> 2)  You are wise to start Lynx with a "file://localhost/" URL to avoid
> network problems.

BTW,
I think we need no lynx.browser.org at stratup by default:
this link rather slow or usually just down.
>From the other hand this link not for annoing everyday usage
but for upgrade only. Upgrade items described enough in helpfiles and docs
if you got inside lynx already, so it would be announced elsewhere
but not from the program, especially at startup.

I propose to exclude STARTFILE: from userdefs.h
and set it to HELPFILE by default
unless overwise specified by user in lynx.cfg.
HELPFILE definitely exist and local (autoconf care of).

If there is an agreement I may send a patch to TD.

Leonid.