lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV FAQ entry

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV FAQ entry
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 09:40:20 -0500

On Wed, Feb 04, 1998 at 10:16:18AM -0500, Al Gilman wrote:
> to follow up on what Jim Spath said:
> > I've added some Lynx pointers to Thomas Boutell's new "OpenFAQ" at
> > http://www.boutell.com/openfaq/browsers/6.html and
> > http://www.boutell.com/openfaq/browsers/12.html
> > Please let me know if you think of changes or additions to what I've
> > supplied concerning Lynx.
> Your page is distinctly better than the standard to which the
> site is maintained.  The DOS page is way out of date.  Linux
> seems to be un-represented.
> I would suggest that the string "http://lynx.browser.org/"; appear
> somewhere in the overt text.  For information for the public
> audience, you can't assume that they are reading the URLs in the
> statusline or printing with Lynx.

Done.

This is a new effort on Tom's part, so some pages may be skeletons.

The DOS page mentions DOSLynx is on
ftp://ftp2.cc.ukans.edu/pub/WWW/DosLynx/ which I assume is dated. Can
someone else give me some fresh pointers or go ahead and register to
edit that section?

The text entry area is a bit squinty using Lynx, since the form only
allows 10x60 <textarea rows="10" cols="60" name="entry">. I'd prefer
something like 20x72 myself. The current version of Lynx doesn't behave
too well with the small size, as has been mentioned elsewhere.

Marvin the Paranoid Android.