lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV fatal crash

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV fatal crash
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 05:30:40 -0500 (EST)

980205 Lisa Ellis wrote:
> I used to be able to access this website,
> but recently lynx just got all different & took a huge change for the worse.
> The message which came onto my screen read:
>   a fatal error has occurred in Lynx ver.2.3 Beta

2-3 is before the Ark & then some:
goto  lynx.browser.org  to find the latest 2-7-2;
2-8 is expected to be out shortly.
if you have any further problems updating Lynx,
ask your sysadmin or ask again here.

> All I was trying to do was access the Philly Film Office at  www.film.org ,
> which previously the system has always let me do.
> It still does let me, however once there I try to connect
> with the Online Job Hotline and that is where the crash occurs.
> I am unable to access any information, where before I could check out
> the different sites on the film office's website.

i had no trouble accessing their Online Hotline using 2-7
& then going to their paid-job listing.
the problem may be that their HTML uses  <FONT>  in that line,
which may not have been known back in the days of 2-3.
Lynx developers -- an international volunteer co-op -- try to keep it
upto date with WWW developments, tho' there's lots of bad HTML out there.