lynx-dev

Config organization (was Re: LYNX-DEV: require actual YES for "Q" cmd.)

From: Michael Warner
Subject: Config organization (was Re: LYNX-DEV: require actual YES for "Q" cmd.)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:53:33 -0800

On or about Fri, Jan 30, 1998, Brian Tillman, x8425 <address@hidden> wrote:

> >as i said yesterday,  lynx.cfg  &  userdefs.h  need further cleaning-up.
> >we need to discuss what should be in each & remove most duplications;
>
> I _like_ having many things defined in BOTH places.

    [...multi-user reasons...]

Likewise, but for a different reason.  When I build a new version
(personal use only), I whip through the userdefs.h file, ignoring
everything that "can be overridden" elsewhere.  That way I don't have to
worry about changing a lot of the defaults.  I still do a side-by-side
comparison of my old lynx.cfg with the new one to check for changes, but
those are rare, and I can usually just re-use the old lynx.cfg as is.

It may not be the most efficient way, but, at least subjectively, it
seems a lot faster.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>