lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting

From: Marc D. Williams
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx386 not connecting
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 03:29:34 PST8PDT

> The binary distributions come with sample wattcp.cfg files.  Is there
> any chance that you have more than one wattcp.cfg, with lynx referencing
> the wrong one?  Your trace with the internet node null makes me wonder
> if the nameserver isn't set correctly in the wattcp.cfg that you are
> using.  Have you tried setting wattcp.cfg using ip-up.bat rather than
> bootp? Can the other internet programs that you indicate functioned also
> work when invoked after shelling from lynx with "!"?
>                                    Doug

Everything is squared away regarding wattcp.cfg. I redid the way I
normally handle the configs. There's one wattcp.cfg with all the
correct information. All other clients work just fine.
I've always had both the bootp emulation and ip-up.bat for clients
that need the variables (Minuet, PC Gopher, Trumpet News). This time
I did away with the bootp emulation for testing.

Shelled from Lynx and the clients I tried worked just fine. FTP, finger,
ping, nslookup, mail (send/receive). No problems.

Also downloaded your Lynx. Same same.

BTW, would the hostname= or domainslist= have any bearing on this?
Neither of the settings are needed for the other clients. Just wondering.

Marc