lynx-dev

RE: LYNX-DEV I have learned a lot from this...

From: Brian Tillman, x8425
Subject: RE: LYNX-DEV I have learned a lot from this...
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:15:16 -0500

Robin Hammon says:

>to see what happened when I did. I managed to get a copy of the first issue
>of Mosaic for the 68xxx mac a while back and found that, although I
>couldn't view java applets or hear real audio, and tables were useless, the
>browser actually booted up really fast and pulled pages down faster than
>Netscape.

You'd be surprised at the most recent Mosaic, then, too.  V3.0b1 is out for VMS
and Unix and it does support tables reasonably well.  No Java, but you can
define whatever helper apps you want to play music, view PDF, and what not.
 Brian Tillman                   Internet: tillman_brian at si.com
 Smiths Industries, Inc.                   tillman at swdev.si.com
 4141 Eastern Ave., MS239        Addresses modified to prevent
 Grand Rapids, MI 49518-8727     SPAM.  Replace "at" with "@"
        This opinion doesn't represent that of my company