lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: lynx.man

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: lynx.man
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 21:25:47 -0500 (EST)

Lou Montulli <address@hidden> wrote:
>Foteos Macrides wrote:
>>[...]
>>         Thanks for the explanation.  I'm CCing this to lynx-dev so people
>> can read it straight from the master's mouth. :)
>>

>More like the "horse's" mouth. :)
>
>It look's like I'm getting back into the free software game, it ought to be
>pretty exciting.  We should talk later about how the get the lynx-dev comunity
>involved in the netscape-dev scene.  There are some architechual similarities
>that may allow some code shareing between the two products.  It would be really
>nice to have one network library for both products, for instance.
>
>:lou

        I hope you don't mind my CCing this to lynx-dev as well.  I've been
speculating about such exciting possibilities, too, and it might boost the
lynx-dev crew's morale to read that it's not just hot air. :)

        My situation, though, is that I've been visiting my daughter in
Astoria, NY ("little Greece"), and she's convinced me to move there.
It's like Boston in the '60s, and just a 10 min. subway ride from
Manhatten.  She's expecting me to spend my "spare time" in tavernas
drinking oozo and telling tall tales, but it remains to be seen whether
I'll really break my Lynx "habit".  I'll still have an account at WFBR,
and presumeably the guest accounts where I putz around with Lynx code,
but haven't yet set up Internet connectivity from my new pad.  NYC is
great though, with its hackers clubs -- where you get a terminal at
your table, but can still drink oozo and tell tall tales. :) :)

                                Fote