lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV ALT text alignment problem (lynx 2.7.1ac-0.108 and

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ALT text alignment problem (lynx 2.7.1ac-0.108 and
Date: 26 Jan 1998 11:41:48 -0600

DW> It might be worth noting that MSIE 4 handles list type style sheet
DW> entries properly, so it just might be possible to convince the
DW> author to do the right thing and use <li> with a stylesheet that
DW> defines the bullet graphic.  This works well with Lynx, with
DW> anything trying to parse the page, not just produce a picture, and
DW> with MSIE 4.  It degrades to the default bullet with MSIE 2 and 3.
DW> I'm not certain of the Netscape position.

IIRC, NN4 does not handle this particular CSS1 feature, though that
may have changed since the last time I looked (which was around the
time of the final NN4 beta for Macintosh).  It does do something sane,
which is to degrade to the default bullet.

| Jason F. McBrayer              address@hidden |
| The scalloped tatters of the King in Yellow must hide Yhtill   |
| forever.                   (R.W. Chambers _The King in Yellow_ |