lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in Lynx 2-7-2 with web500gw

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Bug in Lynx 2-7-2 with web500gw
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:01:58 -0500 (EST)

980120 Rick Miller wrote:
-- snip --
> After installing lynx 2-7-2 the following url
>   http://directory.colostate.edu:1411/o=Colorado State University, c=US
>
> This worked at 2-5.  It seem to be valid then.
> It works with Netscape 3.0 and all other versions as far as I know.
> I know the web500gw is complaining.  He is complaining because lynx 2.7.2
> got rid of the spaces.  No other clients I have tried has done this.

to narrow it down: using 2-7 on the URL above,
even with the  3  spaces replaced by  %40  , gives the error message:
  "X.500 -- WWW Error: Server error -- error occurred while searching X.500"

> It seems to me someone should be able to tell me
> why it works one way with lynx 2.5 and another way with 2.7.2.

clearly "someone" did something between 2-5 & 2-7,
but since lynx-dev is a volunteer co-op, finding that "someone"
-- or even someone who can guess/research what he did --
may not be that easy ...