lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV EBCDIC and OS/390

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV EBCDIC and OS/390
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 13:13:27 -0500 (EST)

to follow up on what address@hidden said:

> Questions:
>
> o Are the identifiers I chose suitable?  I chose the "CH_"
>   prefix because it's unique in a "grep" through the source code.

As you said, the i18n work is mostly focused on encodings used
in external interfaces such as screen, print, and transmission
over the net.  OTOH, I wonder if there are names in any of the
following dictionaries of characters that these definitions
should be aligned with:

        SGML named entities
        UniCode characters

I agree with Tom that where there is a built-in C function to do
something it should be used, but as for naming things it would be
good to make it clear that the entity named is the same as an
entity in Unicode if that is true.  Even via comments.

Is there a registered Charset for EBCDIC?

-- Al Gilman