lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV HPUX 10.2

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV HPUX 10.2
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 12:20:02 -0500 (EST)

"Peter W. Flur" <address@hidden> wrote:
>I've been successful at getting lynx 2.7.2 to compile under HPUX 10.2.
>The system reports:
>HP-UX pequin B.10.20 A 9000/777 2000296875 two-user license
>
>I've tried to compile for all the different variants of snake, using
>both the HP compiler and gcc,
>but no matter what I try,  running lynx returns the following message,
>any time I try to connect
>to a page not on the local filesystem; i.e. I believe it is a problem in
>the network libraries or some
>call to those libraries.:

        See the section on HP-UX in the PROBLEMS file.  If that doesn't
help you solve the problem, I hope you're not at a site which requires
a "release" to upgrade, because it is unlikely that help with that
problem can be gotten for the v2.7.2 "release" via this list, and
"maybe it's fixed in the development code" will have to do.  Sorry.

                                Fote