lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx bug

From: David Murn
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx bug
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 04:05:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
        I've been pestered by a little bug in lynx for a while now, and
only just got around to installing a new version of lynx and finding out
how to report it.  Basically, lynx doesn't handle a > 2 line link.  For
example..

<A HREF=foo>line1<BR>line2</A>

Will work.  (I think).

<A HREF=foo>line1<BR>line2<BR>line3</A>

Won't work.  Actually it half works.  Lynx highlights the first two lines,
and that's it.  This may not work with the examples I've shown in
particular, but if you have a line which starts at say column 70, and is
100 columns long, you will only get the last characters on the top line
and the 2nd line highlighted.  The last line won't have any highlighted
text.  Hope this is of use.

Davey