lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV DOS bugs for ac-0.104

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: LYNX-DEV DOS bugs for ac-0.104
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 1997 11:49:35 -0800 (PST)

Version 104 seems to function well in DOS, as far as I can see so far.
The name change for the CHANGES files works, but the old CHANGES-* files
are still in the distribution.

There is a cosmetic defect that came in somewhere between version 93
and 98, probably when standard output was made binary. The message
printed after spawning a shell in DOS began to start in the middle
of the screen, where the SPAWNING_MSG finished. The \n at the end of
SPAWNING_MSG no longer returns the cursor to the left margin. The
following patch fixes this, although I am not sure why a separate
message and screen clearing are needed after printing the SPAWNING_MSG
at all.

                             Doug

*** lynx2-7-1/src/LYMainLoop.c  Mon Nov 24 11:17:20 1997
--- lynx2-7-1/src/LYMainLoop.c.new      Thu Dec 25 11:35:20 1997
***************
*** 4669,4676 ****
--- 4669,4682 ----
                     */
                    *stderr = LYOrigStderr;
  #ifdef DOSPATH
+ #ifdef __DJGPP__
+               delay(500);
+               ScreenClear();
+               printf("\r%s","Type EXIT to return to Lynx.");
+ #else
        system("cls");
        system("echo Type EXIT to return to Lynx.");
+ #endif /* __DJGPP__ */
  #ifdef __DJGPP__
        __djgpp_set_ctrl_c(0);
        _go32_want_ctrl_break(1);