lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: chartrans stuff

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: chartrans stuff
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 17:37:24 -0500 (EST)

I agree the various factions need to get together, though meeting in
person probably isn't necessary.

From fote's mail it's apparent the latest AC version
doesn't work with VMS.  And as of ac95 it doesn't work on bsdi.
(Who knows why...)

I'm still planting printfs in the code to try and figure out the problem,
but I woujld really appreciate it if hte person who made the modes in ac95
(most likely klaus) woujld wurface and carefully comb
through the diffs and try to spot the problem.
(After today's mail I won't even venture to ask fote.......)

I agree it would be disastrous to let everything drop
because of needless squabbling.  Lynx is a great piece of software
and even essential for those of us who haven't moved to windows...
--le

PS: I'm still offering a temporary password to any knowedgeable person
    (especially klaus) to log on my bsdi system and trace this bug.
    It may be something simple, like an overflowed buffer, who knows?
    Thanks in advance.....