lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx installation problem

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx installation problem
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 17:18:26 -0500 (EST)

> > you can workaround by setting $INSTALL to the path of the install* script
> > in the lynx distribution (perhaps it's not finding that because "." isn't
> > in your path, or perhaps it doesn't see that 2.5.1's install doesn't work --
> > I don't know).  I probably didn't notice it because I've (at work) a
> > bsd-compatible install ahead of the vendor's install.
>
> Tom,
>
> Thanks for the reply. Since we had a Sun rep come in and set up the box, I
> would guess that there are likely to be more boxes set up similarly out there.
I'd assume it's standard (if not, I'll have to check closer on your system).

> I, of course, can get lynx installed despite such problems, but it would be
> really nice to figure out how to get configure to detect and handle such a
> situation for others not a savvy. What can I do to help track it down
> further? It is possible to get you a login on the box if needed.
we have 2.5.1 at work -- it's mostly a matter of my finding time to focus
on that particular problem.  I've been working all day (on vacation ;-) to
fix a problem with autoconf (that affects ncurses & vile), but did set up a
build to test the 'install' script on one of the boxes at work.  Will check
on that later, since I've promised some lynx-related work.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden