lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV color-styles memory leak?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV color-styles memory leak?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 15:26:26 -0500 (EST)

perhaps this is a bug in ncurses 4.1 (fixed since then, by checking for
illegal parameters): I built lynx #98 today twice, first with the 4.1
version, and then with the 971206 version, to compare.  Purify reports
a problem with uninitialized variables in the case with 4.1's color
code, but not with the current version (it also seems familiar; so I
think this was a bug-fix).  However, it didn't crash for me.  (The
latter case also has an uninitialized variable related to gethostbyname,
but this is on Solaris, so I'm used to _that_).

Suggest you try with a currently-patched ncurses 4.1 (I did a rollup
patch a couple of weeks ago, which would simplify that).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden